Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Wish I Had Worn Flats!


After leaving the Capitol yesterday after waiting for a presser that was indefinitely postponed, I raced back to the office (@ThinkRainmaker) then to the Marriott to prepare for Greg Tucker’s fundraiser. Speaker of the House (@wvhouse) Rick Thompson (RT4WV) also had a fundraiser last night, as did Delegate Bob Beach (WVDelegate). (On a personal note, I’m confused as to why Delegate Beach chose to have fundraiser on the same night as the Speaker. Can anyone clue me in?)


When I was just about to leave the Marriott, I received a text from Ry Rivard (@ryrivard) about a 9pm presser the Governor (@JoeManchinWV) was about to have. So I raced back to the Capitol and ran, in my hot pink Donald Pliners, to the Governor’s press conference.


A tired Governor, Secretary of State (@NatalieTennant) and several members of the Senate (@wvsenate) and House (@wvhouse) announced that legislation had been passed in regard to the very special election. My favorite quote of the night came from Gover Manchin when Rivard asked him about the difficulty it took to pass this bill, “Take a picture.” Tired indeed! Secretary Tennant, as well as both Senate President Tomblin (@Senator_Tomblin) and Speaker Thompson made remarks. I must applaud Thompson for extending a sincere “thank you” to all the staffers who endured all the long days and late nights (I’m sure they wore flats).


As the hour grew late, I couldn’t help but wonder why I didn’t toss a pair of Beverly Feldman flats in my car. Earlier in the day, around 3:4pm, I also noticed Secretary Tennant had kicked her shoes off for a minute while sitting outside the House chamber. Note to self: keep a pair of flats in car at all times!


No comments:

Post a Comment